At PPAR, REALTORS® have been active participants and leaders in the community since 1902. Real estate professionals in the Pikes Peak region have had the privilege of helping consumers puirsue the dream of homeownership for centuries; from touring prospective homes, to assisting in every step of the real estate transaction, forging relationships that last a lifetime.
Historically, the desire to own land and a home is deeply embedded in the fabric of American society, and dates back to the 1800s. Some would argue that the dream of homeownership goes even further back in time, where the importance of being a landowner was discussed by the Founding Fathers in documents such as the Articles of Confederation.
REALTORS® nationwide have a vested interest in protectingthe homeowners’ property rights. As part of the largest trade association in the country, REALTORS® use their collective voice to serve as advocates for the homeowner, and ensure that local ordinances, state and federal legislation do not adversely impact homeowners.
At PPAR, REALTORS® take civic participation very seriously. In addition to their efforts in the political arena, they are active in the community and support the Relay for Life for Cancer Research, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation walk, The Resource Exchange, the annual adoption of 250 children at Kids Crossing for Christmas, Junior Achievement Bowl-a-thon, Festival of Lights Parade, provide food baskets during Thanksgiving and Christmas for families working to stay out of poverty, TESSA, Springs Rescue Mission, Home Front Cares, and a wide array of other personal efforts that benefit charitable and philanthropic causes in the Pikes Peak Region.
The Voice For Real Estate
REALTORS® are The Voice for Real Estate. That means they serve as advocates for home owners on a wide array of issues that range from private property rights and the environment, to transportation and education. The Following is a list of issues that play a role in the advocacy agenda in national, state and local government.
- Clean Water Act (National)
- City for Champions (Local)
- Construction Defects (State/Local)
- Eminent Domain and Private Property Rights (National/State/Local)
- Energy Efficiency and Climate Change (National)
- First Time Homebuyers Tax Credit (State - Details coming soon)
- Low-Income Tax Credit (State - Details coming soon)
- National Flood Insurance Program (National/State/Flood)
- Real Estate Transfer Tax (National/State/Local)
- Southern Water Delivery System (Local)
- Wildfire Mitigation- Colorado Project Wildfire (State/Local)
REALTORS® In The News!
- REALTORS® determined to bolster path to homeownership
- REALTORS® Advocate Homeownership Opportunities for Veterans on Capitol Hill
- REALTORS® Applaud House Passage of “Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act”
- REALTORS® help Families Own Piece of American Dream, Says Secretary Castro
- REALTORS® Applaud House Passage of Mortgage Choice Act
- REALTORS® Support FHFA Director Watt’s Efforts to Promote Affordable Homeownership
- Audit Shows FHA Fund is Healthy, Time to Lower Mortgage Insurance Premiums, Say REALTORS®
- REALTORS® Commend FEMA for Effective Implementation of Flood Insurance Reforms
- FHA Announces Blueprint for Greater Homebuyer Access to Credit
- REALTORS® Applaud Speedy Senate Action on Bipartisan Flood Insurance Affordability Bill
- REALTORS® Oppose Tax Plan to Limit Mortgage Interest Deduction, Real Estate Provisions
- REALTORS® Demand Immediate Relief for Homeowners Impacted by Unforeseen and Exponential Increases in Flood Insurance Premiums
- The Time is Now for Lawmakers, Real Estate Industry to Secure Future of Homeownership
- REALTORS® Applaud Bipartisan Legislation to Delay Flood Insurance Rate Increases
- REALTORS® Advocate Housing Finance System Overhaul That Protects Taxpayers and Access to Credit
- NAR Ready to Fight for Homeownership Future
- REALTORS® Applaud FHFA for Expanding Short Sale Eligibility to Help More Struggling Homeowners
- REALTORS® Testify Broad Qualified Mortgage is Critical to Bringing Certainty to Housing Finance System
- REALTORS® Applaud Long-Term Reauthorization of Flood Insurance Program
- U.S. Will Remain a Nation of Homeowners
- REALTORS® Ready to “Seize the Day” for America’s Home Owners
- Preserving Home Ownership Tax Benefits Vital to Housing Market, Say Realtors®
- REALTORS® Urge Long-term Flood Insurance Reform as Congress Passes Stopgap Extension
- Celebrating America’s History of Home Ownership